Occupational health and safety are absolutely crucial during the coronavirus epidemic. TIMATE is a system which can support these aspects of business operations. Here is how TIMATE enhances employee protection during and after the epidemic:
- The card is contactless, so it prevents the spread of the virus.
- The card extends the scope of contactless operation of the company infrastructure, e.g. by allowing to open/disable turnstiles on which the virus can stay active for 2 or 3 days.
ACTIVE ASSISTANCE IN KEEPING THE SAFE DISTANCE BETWEEN EMPLOYEES:
- The cards monitor distances between employees and make a beep when they come to close to one another. The preprogrammed distance is 2 metres. The beep can be turned off when employees need to meet for legitimate reasons. The information about breaking the distance rules is forwarded to the system. The operator can react quickly.
- Messages can be sent to inform when an employee can enter/leave (for a break, to/from work, to/from a zone) in order to minimize the risk of too many people meeting at the entrance or the cloakroom. For instance, the card can display the following message: “Leave now through door A.”
STATISTICS PREVENTING EMPLOYEES FROM GATHERING:
- The employee location system provides ongoing monitoring of the number of people in particular zones and sends an alert to the operator if there are too many people. Reports on the use of the zones make it possible to plan the location of employees in keeping with the safe distance rules.
- Reports on the last 7/14 days on employees who could come into contact with a person infected or suspected of being infected with COVID-19. The report (based on the recorded working time, schedules and employee locations) is generated on request and allows to identify the persons which should be quarantined.
- The reminder to wash hands when coming to work, during work and after finishing work.
- Monitoring of the location of employees to check if they go to the area designated for washing hands.
- Monitoring of the cleaning frequency with regard to toilets. Cloakrooms and other places which require top standards of hygiene.
THE SOS BUTTON:
- It can be used to report any violations of the OHS rules, e.g. when there are too many employees at one place or masks are not being worn, or to report any situations of employees feeling ill.
- Employment optimization on the basis of the indicators and analysis of the working time, tasks and movement.
EFFECTIVE REMOTE WORK:
- It is possible to exercise strict supervision over employees who work remotely. Central station can be placed next to the employee’s computer and it will detect when the employee leaves the work place.
- Task delegation for remote work and task performance assessment and accountability.
TEMPERATURE CHECK UPON THE EMPLOYEE’S CONSENT (AN OPTIONAL SOLUTION FOR INCREASED MICROBIOLOGICAL THREATS):
- Optionally, the card can be equipped with a contactless infrared temperature sensor similar to the ordinary electronic thermometers. This extra sensor is located on the bottom section of the C2 card and the silicon case protects it from contamination.
- In the situation of the present pandemic, the temperature check is performed by the employee himself/herself and upon the employee’s consent.
- There is no need to wait in long queues and potential contact with other people can be avoided. Employees can check their body temperature at any time during the day.
- The card can also display a reminder to check the temperature.
- In extreme situations of epidemic threat, the temperature check results can be immediately sent to the system on the employer’s demand. This way it will be possible to immediately isolate people with increased temperature.
- The integrated sensor can also be used outside work when it functions as an ordinary thermometer and no medical data are sent to the system.